Untouched Beauty of Masbate- From the eyes of a local

   (This is Buntod a small white beach islet in Masbate. The girls in the picture are my friends)
                       

   
Masbate is located in the heart of the Philippines, due to it's political culture the islands of Masbate never became a tourist attraction to foreigners coming to the Philippines, hence it's beauty was preserved, untouched and unknown to the world. 

I grew up here- I've traveled my country many times and I can say that my hometown is one of a kind. Masbate is composed of three main islands; the largest island is Masbate itself, then there's Ticao and Burias, each island has a unique beauty.

Buntod Masbate



Ticao Halea National Park, Masbate
    



Burias, Sombrero Island
















Our main produce is cattle, surprising huh!? Actually we're the number one producer of cattle meat in the Philippines, since our country was colonized by the Spaniards for over 300 years, the descendants of the Spanish landowners still own some of the largest cattle ranches in the province. 




We have rodeo here during April. =)



 















How do you get here?
From Manila, you can take the plane going to Masbate, it can be a little pricey though, it costs around 80USD.
But what we locals do is from Manila we board the plane to Legazpi City it costs around 22USD, then from Legazpi we go to a van terminal at Daraga (it's one jeep ride away fair costs around 10Php or 25cents in UDS) then we go to Pilar. At Pilar there's a speed boat going to Masbate.

Hotel 
There's a lot of hotels here and most have a travel package for foreigners. Click here!


English
Most of the people here can understand Tagalog, at least half of the inhabitants can speak English pretty well.  
Well that's the end of my post. I am not being paid by anyone nor will I ask anyone for money, I really just want to share the beauty of my province. If you have any questions or suggestions, you can comment below. I'll respond I promise.  

Comments