A Masbate Story

When Opportunity knocks twice, please let him in.The year was 1910, Masbate, a small remote town in the Philippines. When an old ultra rich Spanish priest decided he wanted to go back to Spain and never return to Masbate, before the day he left he summoned his most loyal Filipino servants, so they came; Emmanuel Bravo, Miguel Montenegro and Jose Kapinig. The old Spanish priest then said "Look over the horizon and make your claim my loyal servants, for whatever you see before your eyes is yours".
The first guy Emmanuel Bravo pointed to the East and said "I want this part for it is a flat land surely, I can raise many castles here". And then so forth the descendants of Emmanuel Bravo became largest producers of cattle to this day.Then the second guy, Miguel Montenegro, pointed to the West, where the beach was "I want to claim this part for I will make boats" from then on he built boats and his descendants became the wealthy ship owners in Masbate, then it was Jose Kapinig's turn... the old priest inquired "And you? Young Jose, what do you want?" then Jose....tentatively said "You know what, I'm good, I don't feel comfortable taking your stuff master" then the priest replied "BUT JOSE! I am leaving, I will never come back this is my gift to you" but Jose was adamant, he refused saying he wasn't comfortable with the idea.

Comments